Thursday, March 13, 2014

Loving Hurts

Love might not hurt but loving with a open heart sure does.

Loving your child means you feel it intensely when their heart hurts.
Loving a loved one if they can't love you in return hurts.
Loving a loved one that has a huge wall around their heart hurts because you know they don't feel loved.
Loving a loved one when they are facing a big battle in their life hurts because you feel their energy sapping struggle when they get up in the morning to face another day on the battle field, not knowing how it will end.
Loving anyone with an open heart really really hurts.

But I don't want to love any other way.

It's only when I love this way that I can feel the intense, eruptive joy when my child is shining.
It's only when I love this way that I know I made someone feel loved, who might have never felt loved before.
It's only when I love this way that I can experience the intense connection when love is returned.
It's only when I love this way that I can be deeply inspired by a loved one who gets up every day, strap on their shield of courage and go to the battlefield.
It's only when I love this way that I can taste the deep relief and the exquisitely sweet, elated victory when their battle has been won.
It's only when I love this way that I can feel the love flow.

I am grateful for the courage to love with an open heart.

I am grateful to love with an open heart, even if it is really hurting right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment