Sunday, September 1, 2013

Delicious Spring

Well that is not true in the UAE (autumn here) but it is a lovely morning here in the desert, with a welcome cool breeze. Would be great if this marks the end of summer.

Spring has always been my favourite time of the year as a kid,  the anticipation of the beauty that is on its way; fruit tree blossoms, green grass, rain. I used to sing this Afrikaans song "Dit is heerlike lente, die winter is verby!" which directly translates to " It is delicious spring, the winter is over".

I love spring even if I am not in the southern hemisphere to enjoy it.




1 comment:

  1. its awesome hey - just bring instant joy - I have poppies popping out in my garden! very exciting and so lovely to wake up to in the morning - freesias to open soon too as well as ranunculas xoxo

    ReplyDelete